Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan Limited

Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan Limited, the second oldest financial institution in the country, was incorporated on 7th January 1975 under the Royal Charter. The primary mandate of RICB is to meet the insurance needs of the people and to actively participate in the economic development of the nation.

RICB is the only multi-faceted financial service provider in the kingdom catering Life Insurance, General Insurance, Credit facilities and other social security schemes.

RICB is a public limited company with 39% of the total shares held by the Royal Government and the rest 61 % held by the public and private organizations and individuals. RICB’s registered office is located in Thimphu with a Regional office in Phuentsholing and has 25 Branch Offices spread across the country.

AM Best has assigned RICB, B+ (Good) Financial Strength Rating and bbb- (Stable) Issuer Credit Rating since the year 2013.

RICBL holds 9.23% equity share in FITI.